Our Asst. Director of Sales, Mr. Angelo Ascue shares why maintaining connections is integral during these times
Warm greetings from Robinsons Hotels and Resorts (RHR).
We hope and pray that you are safe, sound and healthy. In light of the impact and changes caused by COVID-19, we want to ensure and reassure you that we are focused round-the-clock on the health and safety of all our guests, our hotel associates, company owners and the communities we serve.
We take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, and in response to the current climate, we have taken additional measures to step up our fight against the outbreak to ensure we keep our hotels virus-free. Introducing the Circle of Clean – RHR’s elevated standard of hygiene and cleanliness based on World Health Organization and Department of Health New Normal protocols. This aims to provide a worry-free stay experience for our guests from pre-arrival to post-departure touch points implemented in all Go Hotels and Summit Hotels and Resorts around the Philippines.
RHR Circle of Clean Protocols
- Our hotel teams went through the signature Circle of Clean Training on COVID-19 protocols that include physical distancing, hygiene, food safety, and proper way of wearing PPEs prior to deployment.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.), set up foot baths, automated hand sanitizers, and social distancing markers in guest areas and added clear acrylic shields to our front desk check-in counters.
- We have modified our food and beverage operations, including the launch of pre-order/pick-up/food delivery service, updated furniture spacing, and function venues to promote social distancing and shift to pre-packaged breakfast sets, among many new norm F&B practices lined up.
Each hotel will appoint its Circle of Clean Ambassador to boost, reinforce, and ensure compliance to Circle of Clean protocols. From pre-arrival to post-departure, we will be communicating the Circle of Clean protocols to our guests and will continue to build consumer awareness over the coming weeks. This will include a targeted consumer media campaign delivered via the hotels’ online channels and industry partners. We have already communicated our approach to our corporate clients and in the process of empowering our sales and marketing teams to do contactless presentations and virtual tours of our hotels.
For the peace of mind and travel flexibility of our guests, all reservations – between now and December 31, 2020 - can be amended or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. This includes reservations at non-refundable or advance purchase rates. These policies apply to reservations made directly through the following websites:
For cancelled bookings with deposit or prepayment, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Please get in touch with any of our Reservations Associates for updates.
Happy to Care for our Communities
The COVID-19 pandemic has been tough on the travel industry, but RHR continues to help communities within the area of our hotels through donations of essential items to several hospitals and local government units, including:
- 5,500 shower caps (used as PPE head caps and shoe covers), 5,000 shampoo bottles, 3,500 bars of soap, 1,500 dental kits, and assorted linens to PGH. Personal hygiene products and bed linens are likewise needed for proper sanitation and for the safety of workers and patients as well.
- Linens and Sanitary items from GO Hotels Iloilo and Summit Ridge Tagaytay were given to their respective Local Government Units.
- Summit and Go Hotel Naga employees conducted a Bayanihan Fund Raising and donated 160 snack packs for hospital front-liners. The group also distributed snack packs at the Bicol Medical Center, St. John Hospital, NICC Doctors Hospital, and Mother Seton Hospital.
- The Gokongwei Brothers Foundation, JG Summit Holdings Inc.’s charitable arm, is investing in grants to support organizations fighting the spread of infection and aiding communities in need. World Central Kitchen, Direct Relief, and Project Hope, are among the charities whose work will directly help those harmed by the pandemic.
As we face the challenges ahead, I know we will continue to work on ways to make sure our Happy to Care culture (happiness and care or malasakit) are at the core of who we are as a hotel company and as a strategic business unit of Robinsons Land Corporation. This will be a challenge, but it is an exciting one, and one we are more than happy to face, together.
We’ll keep providing updates as soon as available, including more details on RHR Circle of Clean Protocols and advisories on the re-opening of Go Hotels & Summit Hotels and Resorts as local government units transition from GCQ to MGCQ:
- RHR Circle of Clean protocols, please read here.
- RHR Circle of Clean protocols, please view video here.
- For FAQs on booking changes and cancellations, please read here.
- To join our Viber Community Group: https://bit.ly/GoHotelsViberCommunity
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels soon. Be safe and well!
Arthur G. Gindap
Senior Vice President and Business Unit – General Manager
Robinsons Hotels and Resorts